At a glance
- Project leader : Dr. Petra Bättig-Frey
- Deputy of project leader : Monica Ursina Jäger
- Project team : Rahel Meier
- Project budget : CHF 121'250
- Project status : ongoing
- Funding partner : Other (Lotteriefonds Kanton Zürich), Public sector (excl. federal government) (Stadt Wädenswil), Foundation (Avina Stiftung)
- Contact person : Petra Bättig-Frey
The transdisciplinary project 'Landscapes of the Future'
explores a new form of communication to stimulate social dialogue
on possible developments of the landscape. Scenarios for the
future, based on current scientific knowledge, will be communicated
by artistic means.
On a panoramic path above Lake Zurich, six stations make scenarios for tomorrow's landscape a sensual experience. The scenarios are based on the Institute's current research in areas such as renewable energies, urbanisation and agriculture. With the help of the art form of Myriorama - a historical form of aesthetic landscape observation - visitors can overlay possible landscape developments with the current landscape. The tensions between technical progress, sustainable development and one's own aesthetic ideas can be felt directly. Visitors experience the landscape as a valuable asset whose development they can help shape. The effects and benefits of the stimulated discourse will be examined with the help of an accompanying evaluation.
Landscape development is decisively controlled by science, planning, engineering and politics. The mediation and involvement of society require innovative forms of dialogue.