MAS in Real Estate und Facility Management
Comprehensive understanding of management can be achieved only through the combination of technical, methodological and leadership competence.
At a glance
Master of Advanced Studies ZFH in Facility Management (60 ECTS)
max. 6 years, more details about the implementation
Comment on costs:
All fees are inclusive of documentation and record of performance, but exclude literature, travel, accommodation and food.
The costs of CHF 4'000 for the Master's thesis are charged to the companies issuing the order for the work. The fee includes the services of the Institute for the guidance days as well as the correction and grading of the Master‘s thesis.
There may be additional costs for the procurement of relevant literature.
Zurich, Campus Lagerstrasse 41
Language of instruction:
Immobilien- und Facility Management zählen zu den dynamisch wachsenden Fachbereichen – erweitern Sie Ihre beruflichen und persönlichen Kompetenzen und profitieren Sie davon, unterschiedliche Disziplinen zu einem einheitlichen Ganzen zu verknüpfen.
Michael S. Kauer
Objectives and content
Individuals from the fields of Facility Management, architecture and engineering, as well as departmental managers.
The Master of Advanced Studies in Facility Management enables graduates to
- lead the Facility Management division at the tactical and strategic levels with a holistic orientation
- develop and implement suitable solutions for complex problems
- develop, organise and design services in the field of real estate and hospitality management where the demands of efficiency and quality often conflict with the interests of various stakeholders, such as users and owners
- develop strategies and concepts for the field of facility management, plan their implementation and competently accompany the processes of change during implementation
- create a theoretical framework for their own actions, which enables them not just to fall in line with fashionable trends, but to make informed decisions and to justify them
- ensure the success and the development of a business unit
The focus of the continuing education courses is to provide comprehensive, interdisciplinary analysis of all areas of facility management. The entire range of courses is modularised.
- CAS Energy management
- CAS Real estate life cycle management
- CAS Real estate economics
- CAS Building management
- CAS Workplace Management
- CAS Economics and processes
- CAS Leadership
- CAS Strategic Facility Management
- Master's thesis
For methodology please refer to the respective CAS.
More details about the implementation
part time study
An MAS comprises 86 study days. An additional outlay of around 800 hours can be expected for self-study and writing the thesis.
Enquiries and contact
Applicants are admitted under the following conditions:
- higher education and in addition at least two years of professional experience in a responsible position (project management or line experience) or
- other qualifications (eg technical college, higher technical examination, BBT-recognized master's certificate) and professional experience of at least two years in a responsible position (management or project management experience) in Facility Management.
|Start||Application deadline||Registration link|
Downloads and brochure
Request for information material
ZHAW Zürcher Hochschule für Angewandte Wissenschaften
Life Sciences und Facility Management
+41 58 934 51 00