Advanced Imaging and Machine Learning for PV Quality Assurance
At a glance
- Project leader : Dr. Evelyne Knapp
- Co-project leader : Dr. Sandra Jenatsch
- Deputy of project leader : Mattia Battaglia
- Project team : Jens Baier, Salome Berger, Ennio Comi, David Kempf, Hartmut Nussbaumer
- Project status : ongoing
- Funding partner : Innosuisse (Innovationsprojekt / Projekt Nr. 58054.1 IP-EE)
- Project partner : Fluxim AG, Solaronix S.A.
- Contact person : Evelyne Knapp
A multi-imaging setup is developed for investigating lab-scale solar cells and for obtaining spatially resolved information about the cell quality. Machine learning is used to estimate parameters for a physical FEM model that serves as a digital twin for further optimization.