How to Digitize a Textbook?
At a glance
- Project leader : Tania Kaya
- Deputy of project leader : Dr. Manuel Holler
- Project team : Dr. Adis Merdzanovic
- Project status : completed
- Funding partner : Internal (ZHAW digital / Digital Futures Fund)
- Contact person : Tania Kaya
The challenge: Books are still essential as knowledge carriers
and also for teaching at the ZHAW. Nevertheless, digitization in
this area is mostly limited to administrative aspects (e.g.,
eBooks, databases), whereas the content potential through
interactive and multimedia elements is largely neglected.
The solution: The aim of the present project is to evaluate the digitization potential of textbooks and reference books using the currently developed marketing textbook as an example. The primary result is a generalizable overall concept with a series of "digital add-ons" to supplement the basic textbook and lecture materials. The added value is to be investigated in an accompanying study.