Gamification: A browser-based Tool for Experiments
At a glance
- Project leader : Prof. Andreas Hefti
- Deputy of project leader : Dr. Andrea Maria Günster
- Project team : Nicole Bellert, Dr. Elena Gavagnin, Maria Pelli
- Project budget : CHF 80'000
- Project status : completed
- Funding partner : Federal government (Projektgebundene Beiträge / P-8 Digital Skills)
- Contact person : Andrea Maria Günster
Many fields of Economics, Management, Finance or
Entrepreneurship study decisions involving interdependencies
between decision-makers, and make predictions on how these
interactions such unfold, or how they should vary with a changing
In such a context, the idea of Gamification is to provide lecturers and students with a simple, powerful and customizable digital tool that in a playful manner brings such interactions to the classroom.
The main tool is based on Otree, an open source and Python-based software, originally aimed at conduction economic experiments for research purpose. This tool allows, in general, to create an easily accessible online environment for studying certain strategic situations, where students can participate instantaneously using their table, PC or Smartphone.