varcu – virtual and augmented reality curation
At a glance
- Project leader : Philipp Ackermann
- Deputy of project leader : Anna-Flurina Kälin, Thomas Stettler
- Project status : completed
- Funding partner : Foundation (Gebert Rüf Stiftung / First Ventures)
- Contact person : Anna-Flurina Kälin
In this project, the software "varcu", which was designed as a result of a bachelor thesis, is being further developed into a product by ZHAW graduates. With "varcu - virtual and augmented reality curation" exhibitions can be planned and viewed in virtual and augmented reality. The software is designed for museums and cultural institutions. The particular feature of the product is that it offers AR and VR technology combined in one application. Parallel to the development of "varcu", a company (see www.freisicht.ch) is being founded. What distinguishes the company is that expertise in software development as well as in the museum field is given and can be offered to the customers.