Importance of the UN Disability Rights Convention for the integration of people with disabilities
Legal commentary and book "CRPD in a nutshell"
At a glance
- Project leader : Tarek Naguib
- Co-project leader : Dr. Eylem Demir
- Project team : Nadine Bircher, Dr. Martina Filippo, Aurora Melo Moura
- Project budget : CHF 400'000
- Project status : completed
- Funding partner : Internal (ZHAW Forschungsschwerpunkt «Gesellschaftliche Integration»)
- Contact person : Tarek Naguib
Examination of the contents of the UN Convention on the Rights of Persons with Disabilities as well as Analysis with regard to the (normative) significance of the Convention for the Swiss legal system. Publication of a legal commentary with various authors, targeting lawyers, Judges, administrative lawyers and lawyers form private organisations. Furthermore, publication of a small book "CRPD in a nutshell", which is aimed at interested employees of disables persons' organisations and disabled persons' self-help organisations, as well as at politicians, media representatives and other persons interested in the implementation of the Rights of disabled persons.