HTC Innovationscampus Rheinmühle - Pilotanlage zur Hydrothermalen Karbonisierung
At a glance
- Project leader : Prof. Dr. Urs Baier, Dr. Beatrice Kulli Honauer
- Deputy of project leader : Gabriel Gerner
- Project team : Jasmin Hümbelin, Martin Kühni, Alexander Treichler, Rahel Wanner
- Project status : completed
- Funding partner : Federal government (Bundesamt für Energie BFE)
- Project partner : Mehli Landmaschinen AG, Fachhochschule Nordwestschweiz FHNW, Klima GRischa Klimastiftung Graubünden, GRegio Energie AG
- Contact person : Beatrice Kulli Honauer
The aim of the project is the optimization of a plant utilizing the process hydrothermal carbonization (HTC) for the production of briquette bio-coal as well as the utilization of produced process-water. Each year, approx. 1000 m3 manure of a livestock farm, approx. 100 t sewage sludge from the ARA Chur should be processed. The HTC biocarbon is won as a storable feed fuel for gasification and combustion systems. The separated process water is to be used as a co-substrate in the biogas plant Halbmil. The pilot plant is intended to show a power- and heat-generating processing pathway for manure and sewage sludge in Switzerland, leading to its industrial development. The optimization of the individual process steps is scientifically monitored and documented.
Bundesamt für Energie BFE.
Available from: https://doi.org/10.21256/zhaw-21929