NRP70 - CO2 Reduction & Reuse
At a glance
- Project leader : Dr. Andre Heel
- Deputy of project leader : Prof. Dr. Thomas Hocker
- Project budget : CHF 145'000
- Project status : completed
- Funding partner : SNSF (NFP 70 «Energiewende»)
- Project partner : Paul Scherrer Institut PSI, Ecole polytechnique fédérale de Lausanne EPFL, Eidgenössische Materialprüfungs- und Forschungsanstalt EMPA
The joint project will examine technologies and methodologies for the utilisation of cement-based CO2 via a methanation process, sustainable production of renewable H2 and CH2, CO2 reduction by electricity production from renewable fuels with mobile and stationary fuel cells, and assessment of these technologies with respect to sustainability, and economic and social acceptance.
Baier, Jens; Schneider, Gabriel; Heel, Andre,
A cost estimation for CO2 reduction and reuse by methanation from cement industry sources in Switzerland.
Frontiers in Energy Research.
6(5), pp. 1-9.
Available from: https://doi.org/10.3389/fenrg.2018.00005
Renewable fuels for sustainable electricity production.
202, pp. 1-3.
Available from: https://doi.org/10.21256/zhaw-4658