Implementation of aquaponic technology in Romania to benefit health and sustainable livelihood in deprived areas (AQUA-ROM)
At a glance
- Project leader : Prof. Dr. Ranka Junge, Alex Mathis
- Project team : Nadine Antenen, Prof. Jürg Boos, Boris Pasini, Dr. Constanze Pietsch-Schmied, Zala Schmautz, Benjamin Scott, Mathias Sigrist, Fridolin Tschudi
- Project budget : CHF 296'013
- Project status : completed
- Funding partner : Federal government
- Project partner : I.C.D.I.M.P.H. HORTING (Romania)
- Contact person : Alex Mathis
Aquaponic is an innovative technology that combines aquaculture
(fish farming) with hydroponics (soilless plant culture) to create
a sustainable, low-impact food production unit.
The project aims to introduce Aquaponics to Romania and thus contribute to poverty reduction in Romanian mountain areas and modify the current food habits so as to improve the health status of this particular population.
Revistă Română de Acvaponie.
1(1), pp. 12-15.