Incoming: visiting students
Grüezi and welcome to Wädenswil!
Student exchange programme Spring 2021
The current pandemic continues to demand maximum flexibility and adaptability from all of us. Nevertheless, the ZHAW LSFM would like to offer everyone the best possible planning security for the spring semester 2021. For this reason it has been decided that the coming semester should start with the currently valid regulations. Classes will take place online except for laboratory classes, skills training, which can be conducted on site. The university management will decide by the end of April 2021 at the latest how we will proceed and whether the final module examinations can be held on site at the end of the semester. These decisions and the associated measures are continuously evaluated and, if necessary, adapted.
Given the current circumstances and the unpredictable situation, we still recommend you to make the necessary arrangements such as booking flights or renting student accommodation as late as possible. Please feel free to contact the International Office of the ZHAW School of Life Sciences and Facility Management: firstname.lastname@example.org in case you need further information. We will keep you updated on any developments in Switzerland affecting the student exchange program.
Your International Office Team
A semester abroad at the School of Life Sciences and Facility Management will enrich your studies with a unique experience.
- You get to know Switzerland, its culture and people.
- You acquire specific knowledge and improve your language skills.
- You broad your horizons and develop your skills in independence, flexibility, tolerance and intercultural communication.
- Your career will certainly benefit from being a visiting student in Wädenswil.
International students are welcomed to our school every year. Our degree courses are based on the two-stage Bologna system. Visiting students can study on both the Bachelor's and Master's degree programmes as well as our continuing education Programmes.
The following contact persons at the various institutes will be pleased to provide you with more information:
- Biotechnology: Susanne Dombrowski, +41 58 934 57 58, email@example.com
- Chemistry: Achim Ecker, +41 58 934 55 22, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Facility Management: Daniel von Felten, +41 58 934 58 30, email@example.com
- Food Technology: Anja Schnyder, +41 58 934 50 65, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Natural Resource Sciences: Elena Rios Thalmann, +41 58 934 55 93, email@example.com
The majority of classes in the Bachelor's programmes are taught in German, however the consecutive Master of Science in Life Sciences and in Facility Management is taught in English.
As a visiting student, you need a language level of B2 in the language in which your programme is taught. The following language courses provide additional support:
Normally, visiting students come to Wädenswil from one of our partner universities via the Swiss-European Mobility Program (SEMP). A limited number of places are available for Free Movers. You can enrol for these places at the ZHAW for one or two semesters and pay tuition fees of CHF 350 per semester. You must be a legally registered resident in Switzerland and have sufficient insurance cover. Applications must be made online. Admission of Free Movers is decided on an individual basis.
- Autumn semester: 30 April
scheduled teaching weeks 38-51
- Spring semester: 31 October
scheduled teaching weeks 8-29