Agricultural and Resource Economics Research Group
Evaluating productivity and sustainability in food supply chains
The Agricultural and Resource Economics Research Group evaluates agricultural and development policy instruments, programmes and projects and appraises their economic and social impact. The research group applies quantitative approaches of socio-economic research for modelling production systems, value chains and market interactions to provide targeted and effective solutions to critical issues in agricultural and development policy. Its research activities aim to support decision-makers from policy, industry and civil society in planning and implementing strategic decisions.
- Evaluating the impact of policies and programmes
- Appraising the effectiveness of agricultural innovation systems
- Climate change impact assessment; Risk analysis and management
- Valuation of non-market goods and services
- Benchmarking of industry best practices, feasibility studies and multi-stakeholder analyses in agri-food-systems