MoveD: Open Research Data in Swiss Movement Laboratories
Motion analysis is used in various disciplines: for clinical decision-making, in rehabilitation or during the development of new medical devices. Different measurement systems can be used.
The process of making the data publicly available raises questions such as: "How do we ensure that privacy rights and data protection are guaranteed?", "In what format should the data be published?" or "Which personal and potentially identifying data should be published?". These questions reflect the fact that little of the data has so far been available to the public.
The aim of MoveD is to identify the challenges of publishing movement analysis data and to define guidelines based on this information. This will be done with the involvement of all movement laboratories in Switzerland.
The project is divided into the following work packages:
Definition of requirements
- Goal: Determine current practices on Open Access
- Methodology: Survey & workshop with staff from movement laboratories in Switzerland
- Duration: March 2023 - July 2023
Development of guidelines
- Aim: Develop open access guidelines for use in Swiss movement laboratories.
- Methodology:Expert interviews, legal clarification, feedback from movement laboratories’ staff
- Duration: June 2023 - August 2024
- Project leadership
Prof. Dr. Eveline Graf, Insitut of Physiotherapy
- Project duration
March 2023 - August 2024
- Project team ZHAW School of Health Sciences
Michelle Haas, Insitute of Physiotherapy
Dr. Jennifer Gewinner, Research and Development Unit
Dr. Felix Moerman, Research and Development Unit
Anna Daurich, Research Data Services
Simon van Rekum, Research Data Services
Konsortium «Evidence-Based Surgical Decision Making»