Our School of Health Professions with more than 1,500 students and 250 employees is one of Switzerland's largest and most prestigious centres for training and continuing education in healthcare professions.
Five healthcare professions under one roof
We offer comprehensive training and innovative research in the five professional fields of Occupational Therapy, Health Promotion and Prevention, Midwifery, Nursing and Physiotherapy under one roof, encouraging active interprofessional exchange between bachelor and master students. We have developed a wide range of interesting and specialised part-time continuing education opportunities, which open doors to new career prospects and opportunities for health professionals.
Research for use in practice
Research conducted at the research units of the five institutes at the School of Health Professions aims to share knowledge and provide direct transfer of innovative developments into practice. Thanks to our excellent international network, interdisciplinary research projects can be implemented with partners at home and abroad.
The School of Health Professions maintains a variety of partnerships and links with practice partners in teaching and research at home and abroad. This gives both students and staff the opportunity to build a professional network and to gain valuable work experience at partner institutions around the world, whether it is through exchange visits, conferences, during clinical placements or academic semesters abroad, or by working on research projects abroad.
Principles we adhere to
- Public health: health for all
- Evidence-based healthcare: a scientifically based healthcare system
- Humaneness: empathic and respectful relationships between teaching staff and students and between nurses, healthcare professionals and patients
- EAE: classroom and practical training is effective, appropriate and economical
- Ability to solve problems: is developed in a future-oriented manner with all stakeholders involved