Dr. Miguel Ramirez Gonzalez
Position at the ZHAW
Membership of networks
- Messung und Quantifizierung der Trägheit elektrischer Energiesysteme zur Unterstützung der Integration erneuerbarer Energien (QUINPORTION) / Project
Electric Power Systems Research.
Available from: https://doi.org/10.1016/j.epsr.2022.108203
15(13), pp. 4547.
Available from: https://doi.org/10.3390/en15134547
International Journal of Electrical Power & Energy Systems.
Available from: https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ijepes.2021.107772
CIGRE Session, Paris, France, 28 August - 2 September 2022.
Proceedings of IEEE GPECOM 2022.
4th Global Power, Energy and Communication Conference (GPECOM), Cappadocia, Turkey, 14-17 June 2022.
Available from: https://doi.org/10.1109/GPECOM55404.2022.9815713
Proceedings of IEEE GEPCOM 2022.
4th Global Power, Energy and Communication Conference (GPECOM), Cappadocia, Turkey, 14-17 June 2022.
New York, NY:
Available from: https://doi.org/10.1109/GPECOM55404.2022.9815784
CIRED 2021 - The 26th International Conference and Exhibition on Electricity Distribution.
The 26th International Conference and Exhibition on Electricity Distribution (CIRED), online, 20-23 September 2021.
Institution of Engineering and Technology.
Available from: https://doi.org/10.1049/icp.2021.1898
World Automation Congress 2021, virtual, 1-5 August 2021.
9th International Conference on Renewable Power Generation (IET RPG), Dublin, Ireland, 1-2 March 2021.
2020 IEEE 61st International Scientific Conference on Power and Electrical Engineering of Riga Technical University (RTUCON).
61st International Scientific Conference on Power and Electrical Engineering of Riga Technical University (RTUCON), Virtual Conference, 5-7 November 2020.
Available from: https://doi.org/10.1109/RTUCON51174.2020.9316612
Publications before appointment at the ZHAW
Peer-reviewed journal papers:
• M. Ramírez-González, R. Castellanos-Bustamante, J. G. Calderón-Guizar, and O. P. Malik, “Assessment of inertial and primary frequency control from wind power plants in the Mexican Electric Power Grid,” WIREs Energy and Environment, 2019; e356. DOI: doi.org/10.1002/wene.356 (ISSN: 2041-840X)
• Isaias Ramírez-Vazquez, Miguel Ramirez-Gonzalez, and J. Eduardo Salgado-Talavera, “Neural Network Model to Estimate Resistivity of Ground Enhancers Reinforced with Graphene Nano particles for Transmission Lines,” Journal of Nano Research, vol. 58, pp. 139-150, June 2019. DOI: doi.org/10.4028/www.scientific.net/JNanoR.58.139 (ISSN: 1661-9897)
• R. Castellanos-Bustamante, A. Roman-Messina, M. Ramirez-Gonzalez, and J. G. Calderon-Guizar, “Assessment of Frequency Performance by Wind Integration in a Large-scale Power System,” Wind Energy, vol. 21 (12), pp. 1359-1371, December 2018. DOI: 10.1002/we.2259 (ISSN: 1099-1824)
• M. Ramírez, R. Castellanos, G. Calderón, and O. Malik, “Placement and Sizing of Battery Energy Storage for Primary Frequency Control in an Isolated Section of the Mexican Power System,” Electric Power Systems Research Journal, vol. 160, pp. 142-150, July 2018. DOI: 10.1016/j.epsr.2018.02.013 (ISSN: 0378-7796)
• J. G. Calderón, R. Castellanos, and M. Ramírez, “Stability Enhancement of an Industrial Power System by AVR Gain Readjustment,” IEEE Latin America Transactions, vol. 15:4, pp. 663-668, April 2017. DOI: 10.1109/TLA.2017.7896352 (ISSN: 1548-0992)
• Jorge G. Calderón-Guizar, Miguel Ramírez-González, and Rafael Castellanos-Bustamante, “Identification of Low Frequency Oscillation Modes in Large Transmission Systems,” Revista Facultad de Ingeniería, No. 82, pp. 31-39, February, 2017. DOI: 10.17533/udea.redin.n82a04 (ISSN: 0120-6230)
• Miguel Ramirez-Gonzalez, O. P. Malik, Rafael Castellanos, and Jorge Calderon, “Conventional and fuzzy PODCs for DFIG-based wind farms and their impact on inter-area and torsional oscillation damping,” IET Renewable Power Generation, vol. 11:2, pp. 334-341, February 2017. DOI: 10.1049/iet-rpg.2016.0138 (ISSN: 1752-1416)
• Miguel Ramírez González, Rafael Castellanos Bustamante, and Jorge Guillermo Calderón Guizar, “Applying the BOA metaheuristic optimization algorithm in the design of robust PSSs for multimachine power systems,” Nova Scientia, vol. 8:17, pp. 01-27, November 2016. DOI: dx.doi.org/10.21640/ns.v8i17.382 (ISSN: 2007-0705)
• Miguel Ramirez-Gonzalez, Rafael Castellanos-Bustamante, J. Guillermo Calderon-Guizar, and Om P. Malik, “Coordinated design of fuzzy supplementary controllers for generator and STATCOM voltage regulators using bat algorithm optimization,” International Transactions on Electrical Energy Systems, vol. 26:9, pp. 1847-1862, September 2016. DOI: 10.1002/etep.2177 (ISSN: 2050-7038)
• Miguel Ramírez, Guillermo Calderón, and Rafael Castellanos, “Effect of PODCs for DFIG Based Wind Farms in the Inter-area and Torsional Oscillation Damping,” IEEE Latin America Transactions, vol. 14:8, pp. 3648-3654, August 2016. DOI: 10.1109/TLA.2016.7786346 (ISSN: 1548-0992)
• M. Ramirez and R. Castellanos, “Improvement of the dynamic behavior of large-scale power systems by using robust power system stabilizers based on fuzzy logic,” Ingeniería e Investigación, vol. 35:1, pp. 65-70, April 2015. DOI: dx.doi.org/10.15446/ing.investig.v35n1.44004 (ISSN: 0120-5609)
• Miguel Ramirez-Gonzalez and O. P. Malik, “Self-Tuned Power System Stabilizer Based on a Simple Fuzzy Logic Controller,” Electric Power Components & Systems, vol. 38:4, pp. 407-423, Feb. 2010. DOI: dx.doi.org/10.1080/15325000903330591 (ISSN : 1532-5008)
• Miguel Ramirez-Gonzalez and O. P. Malik, “Power System Stabilizer Design Using an Online Adaptive Neurofuzzy Controller With Adaptive Input Link Weights,” IEEE Transactions on Energy Conversion, vol. 23, pp. 914-922, Sept. 2008. DOI: 10.1109/TEC.2008.921465 (ISSN: 0885-8969)
Conference contributions, peer-reviewed:
• M. Ramírez and R. Castellanos, “Improving the Dynamic Behaviour of a Multi-terminal DC System through Droop Control Gain Optimization,” 3rd CENIDET Conference on Applied Science and Technology, Cuernavaca, Morelos, Mexico, November 14-15, 2019.
• M. Ramírez, R. Castellanos, J. G. Calderón, and O. Malik, “Impact Assessment of a VSC-HVDC Link on the Oscillation Modes of a Multi-machine System,” IEEE PES T&D LA, Lima, Peru, September 18-21, 2018. DOI: 10.1109/TDC-LA.2018.8511684
• M. Ramírez, R. Castellanos, J. G. Calderón, and O. Malik, “Battery Energy Storage for Frequency Support in the BCS Electric Power System,” IEEE PES T&D LA, Lima, Peru, September 18-21, 2018. DOI: 10.1109/TDC-LA.2018.8511691
• R. Castellanos, M. Ramírez, and O. Micheloud, “Improving the Electric Interconnection between the Grids of Mexico and United States by using HVDC Systems,” CIGRE Session, Paris, France, August 26-31, 2018.
• R. Castellanos, M. Ramirez, G. Calderon, and A. Messina, “Impact Studies of the Effect of Large-scale Wind Integration in the Mexican Power Grid,” 7th IEEE International Conference on Innovative Smart Grid Technologies (ISGT Europe 2017), Torino, Italy, pp. 1-6, September 26-29, 2017. DOI: 10.1109/ISGTEurope.2017.8260296
• M. Ramirez, R. Castellanos, and J. G. Calderón, “Modified Teaching-Learning Based Optimization Algorithm and Damping of Inter-Area Oscillations Through VSC-HVDC,” Intelligent System Applications to Power Systems (ISAP), San Antonio, TX, USA, pp. 1-6, September 17-20, 2017. DOI: 10.1109/ISAP.2017.8071409
• M. Ramirez, R. Castellanos, and J. G. Calderón, “Fuzzy logic approach for inertial and frequency response from converter based wind power units,” Intelligent System Applications to Power Systems (ISAP), San Antonio, TX, USA, pp. 1-5, September 17-20, 2017. DOI: 10.1109/ISAP.2017.8071408
• J. G. Calderón-Guizar, M. Ramírez-González, and R. Castellanos-Bustamante, “Low Frequency Oscillations in Large Power Grids,” XXIV Congreso Internacional de Ingeniería Eléctrica, Electrónica y Computación (INTERCON 2017), Cusco, Peru, pp. 1-4, August 15-18, 2017. DOI: 10.1109/INTERCON.2017.8079650
• R. Castellanos, M. Ramírez, and C. Smith, “Assessment of HTLS Conductors to Increase the Power Transfer in the Mexican Electric Transmission System,” 2016 CIGRÉ Session, Paris, France, pp. 1-9, August 21-26, 2016.
• C. Romualdo-Torres, M. Ramírez-González, and A. Escamilla-Paz, “Lightning outage transmission line reliability improvement with surge arresters,” IEEE/PES Transmission and Distribution Conference and Exposition (T&D), Dallas, TX, USA, pp. 1-5, May 02-05, 2016. DOI: 10.1109/TDC.2016.7519847 (ISSN: 2160-8563)
• Ramírez Vázquez, M. Ramírez González, R. Hernández Corona, and J. E. Salgado Talavera, “Resistivity prediction of ground enhancers reinforced with graphene nanoparticles for transmission line grounding,” ALTAE 2015, Congreso Internacional de Alta tensión y Aislamiento Eléctrico, Portoviejo, Manabí, Ecuador, pp. 1-6, October 26-29, 2015. (in Spanish)
• Escamilla Paz, C. Romualdo Torres, and M. Ramírez González, “Surge arrester location to improve the lightning performance of transmission lines,” ALTAE 2015, Congreso Internacional de Alta tensión y Aislamiento Eléctrico, Portoviejo, Manabí, Ecuador, pp. 1-7, October 26-29, 2015. (in Spanish)
• Rafael Castellanos, Miguel Ramírez and J. Guillermo Calderón, “Impact of wind generation on small signal stability of electric power systems,” IEEE CHILECON 2015, Congreso Chileno de Ingeniería Eléctrica, Electrónica, Tecnologías de la Información y Comunicaciones, Santiago de Chile, pp. 1035-1040, October 28-30, 2015. DOI: 10.1109/Chilecon.2015.7404641
• M. Ramirez-Gonzalez and O. P. Malik, “Simultaneous Tuning of Fuzzy Power System Stabilizers Using Bat Optimization Algorithm,” IEEE Power & Energy Society General Meeting 2015, Denver, CO, USA, pp. 1-5, July 26-30, 2015. DOI: 10.1109/PESGM.2015.7285715 (ISSN: 1932-5517)
• J. G. Calderón-Guizar, M. Ramírez-González and R. Castellanos-Bustamante, “Identification and monitoring inter-area oscillations in power systems,” PowerTech 2015, Eindhoven, The Netherlands, pp. 1-6, June 29-July 2, 2015. DOI: 10.1109/PTC.2015.7232277
• R. Castellanos, H. Sarmiento and M. Ramírez, “Application of control schemes to improve the dynamic security of large-scale power systems,” IEEE Central America and Panama Convention (CONCAPAN XXXIV), Panama City, Panama, pp. 1-5, November 12-14, 2014. DOI: 10.1109/CONCAPAN.2014.7000450
• Romualdo T., A. Escamilla P., M. Ramírez G., S. Segovia M., and P. Beltrán R., "Lightning performance analysis of transmission lines," RVP-AI/2014, Acapulco, Gro., Mexico, July 2014. (in Spanish)
• H. Sarmiento, G. Pampin, R. Castellanos, M. Ramirez, G. Villa and M. Mirabal, “Risk assessment applications in the operation of the Mexican electric transmission system”, paper C4-207, Biannual Meeting CIGRE 2012, Paris, France, pp. 1-9, August 26-31, 2012.
• H. G. Sarmiento, G. Pampin, R. Castellanos, M. Ramirez, G. Villa and M. Mirabal, “Risk Analysis: towards a smarter grid operation,” Cigré 2011 Bologna Symposium, Bologna, Italy, pp. 1-9, September 13-15, 2011.
• M. Ramirez-Gonzalez, R. Castellanos B. and O. P. Malik, “Application of Simple Fuzzy PSSs for Power System Stability Enhancement of the Mexican Interconnected System,” IEEE Power & Energy Society General Meeting 2010, Minneapolis, MN, USA, pp. 1-8, July 25-29, 2010. DOI: 10.1109/PES.2010.5589526
• Miguel Ramirez-Gonzalez and O. P. Malik, “Simplified Fuzzy Logic Controller and its Application as a Power System Stabilizer,” Proceedings of the 15th International Conference on Intelligent System Applications to Power Systems (ISAP ‘09), Curitiba, Brazil, 8-12 Nov. 2009. DOI: 10.1109/ISAP.2009.5352817
• Miguel Ramirez-Gonzalez and Om P. Malik, “Comparative Performance of Neuro-Fuzzy PSS Architectures with Adaptive Input Link Weights and Nonlinear Functions,” Proceedings of the 17th International Federation of Automatic Control World Congress (IFAC WC 2008), Seoul, Korea, July 6-11, 2008, pp. 13932-13937. dx.doi.org/10.3182/20080706-5-KR-1001.02358
• M. Ramirez-Gonzalez and O. P. Malik, “On-line Adaptive Neuro-Fuzzy Controller with Nonlinear Functions in the Input Layer for Damping Power System Oscillations,” International Conference on Power Systems (ICPS 2007), Bangalore, India, Dec. 12-14, 2007.