Culture Collection of Switzerland
At a glance
- Project leader : Prof. Dr. Martin Sievers
- Project team : Dr. Gottfried Dasen, David Frasson, Silvano Landert, Tobias Wermelinger
- Project budget : CHF 990'000
- Project status : completed
- Funding partner : Federal government (BAFU), CTI
- Project partner : DSMZ, BAFU, Biotechnology Section, Swiss Biotech Association
- Contact person : Martin Sievers
The Culture Collection of Switzerland (CCOS) is the national
public culture collection for microorganisms in Switzerland. CCOS
characterizes and provides biological material in high quality for
research and industry applications.
Based on the knowledge, CCOS provides customers with high quality services like backup solutions in cryostorage and lyophilisation as well as analytical services. Since January 2017, Culture Collection of Switzerland AG (CCOS) has acquired the status of International Depositary Authority (IDA) under the Budapest Treaty on the international recognition of the deposit of microorganisms for the purposes of patent procedure.
CCOS is a spin-off from the ZHAW and has a close cooperation with the Institute of Chemistry and Biotechnology.