Antidepressant Withdrawal in primary care patients (AWARE)
At a glance
- Project leader : Dr. Michael Pascal Hengartner
- Project team : Prof. Stefan Neuner-Jehle, Prof. Oliver Senn
- Project budget : CHF 211'700
- Project status : ongoing
- Funding partner : Foundation (Diverse Stiftungen)
- Project partner : Universität Zürich / Institut für Hausarztmedizin
- Contact person : Michael Pascal Hengartner
Based on a 6-month prospective cohort study we want to examine how, and if, primary care patients manage to stopp antidepressant treatment. Our main objective is to study the occurrence of withdrawal reactions, which can develop when patients try to come off antidepressants. We will also examine quality of life, depressiveness, and anxiety symptoms.
Horowitz, Mark Abie; Framer, Adele; Hengartner, Michael P.; Sørensen, Anders; Taylor, David,
Estimating risk of antidepressant withdrawal from a review of published data.
37(2), pp. 143-157.
Available from: https://doi.org/10.1007/s40263-022-00960-y