Unlocking the Green Open Access potentiaL in scholarly and professional journals in Switzerland (GOAL)
At a glance
- Project leader : Dr. Enrique Corredera Nilsson
- Co-project leader : Elena Simukovic
- Project team : Valérie Andres, Dietrich Dobis, Julia Flieg, Andrea Marlen Moritz, Hélène Reymermier, Dr. Simone Rosenkranz Verhelst, Dr. Clemens Trautwein
- Project budget : CHF 782'600
- Project status : ongoing
- Funding partner : Federal government (Projektgebundene Beiträge / P-5 Open Science)
- Project partner : Hochschule Luzern, Fachhochschule Nordwestschweiz FHNW, Zürcher Hochschule der Künste ZHdK, Pädagogische Hochschule Freiburg
- Contact person : Enrique Corredera Nilsson
The GOAL (Unlocking the Green Open Access potentiaL in scholarly and professional journals in Switzerland) project aims to promote so-called green road to Open Access to scholarly and application-oriented journals. These journals are particularly relevant to universities of applied sciences and universities of teacher education. However, they were not covered by existing Open Access funding measures so far.
The aim of the GOAL project is to negotiate and implement secondary publication policies with the editorial teams of application-oriented journals. In this way, publications in the most important journals could be made accessible in (institutional) repositories such as ZHAW digitalcollection. The GOAL project will run from January 2022 to December 2024 and is co-funded by swissuniversities.?The university library of ZHAW Zurich University of Applied Sciences leads the project. Our partner institutions are Lucerne University of Applied Sciences and Arts (HSLU), University of Applied Sciences and Arts Northwestern Switzerland (FHNW), Zurich University of the Arts (ZHdK) and University of Teacher Education Fribourg (HEP | PH FR).
Further information can be found on the?GOAL website.
Available from: https://doi.org/10.5281/zenodo.7051051
Open-Access-Tage, Bern, Schweiz, 19.-21. September 2022.
Available from: https://doi.org/10.5281/zenodo.7038763