At a glance
- Project leader : Prof. Dr. Francesca Venturini
- Deputy of project leader : Dr. Dario Piga
- Project team : Dr. Manas Mejari, Ziga Nosan
- Project budget : CHF 50'000
- Project status : completed
- Funding partner : Foundation
One of the great challenges of the future for humanity is the continuous increase in the demand for food production as well as in the greater stress on resources like water or land. Monitoring water quality is essential for efficient food production and water resources monitoring against pollution. The most important parameter to assess the quality of water is the amount of molecular oxygen which is dissolved in water. The goal of this project is to perform a feasibility study aiming at realizing an optical oxygen sensor based on luminescence quenching and artificial intelligence.