Evaluation of the project "Enterprises and Young People with Impairments in Dialogue"
At a glance
- Project leader : Dr. Aureliano Crameri, Prof. Agnes von Wyl
- Project team : Simone Eveline Rössler
- Project budget : CHF 35'000
- Project status : ongoing
- Funding partner : Federal government (Eidgenössisches Büro für die Gleichstellung von Menschen mit Behinderungen EBGB, Bundesamt für Sozialversicherungen BSV)
- Project partner : Pro Mente Sana, #häschziit, Jugendarbeit.digital
- Contact person : Aureliano Crameri
Young people with disabilities have great difficulty finding suitable employment in the primary labour market after successfully completing their education. However, many of these people are motivated and would like to use their skills in the primary labour market and prove their qualifications. However, due to barriers, prejudice and stigmatisation, they often have lower self-esteem than their non-disabled peers. On the other hand, many employers do not see a fit between their company and people with disabilities due to prejudice. The project brings both sides (employers and young people with disabilities) into an exchange with the aim of reducing prejudices on the side of the companies and building self-confidence on the side of the young people with disabilities.