Investigation of the Train driver productivity and job satisfaction
How to relate the productivity of train drivers with their job satisfaction and the quality of train services?
At a glance
- Project leader : Dr. Valerio De Martinis
- Co-project leader : Dr. Gabrio Caimi
- Deputy of project leader : Prof. Reimond Matthias Wüst
- Project team : Dr. Thomas Herrmann
- Project budget : CHF 110'000
- Project status : ongoing
- Funding partner : Public sector (excl. federal government) (Schweizerische Bundesbahnen SBB / SBB-Forschungsfonds)
- Project partner : Schweizerische Bundesbahnen SBB
- Contact person : Valerio De Martinis
The complex, internal relationship between rail schedules and staff rotation is here addressed for a complete analysis of the current performance of train drivers. The potential for performance improvement in relation to the constraints imposed by the timetable and the corresponding shift plans (e.g., use of buffer times) on the one hand, and job satisfaction on the other, can be therefore identified.