Alpine Farming and Tourism Canton Schwyz (AWUT SZ)
At a glance
- Project leader : Peter Marty
- Co-project leader : Barbara Elsener, Othmar Schelbert
- Project team : Rebecca Hunziker
- Project budget : CHF 40'000
- Project status : ongoing
- Funding partner : Third party (Schwyz Tourismus AG)
- Project partner : Alpwirtschaftlicher Verein des Kantons Schwyz, Schwyz Tourismus AG
- Contact person : Peter Marty
With around 400 farms, alpine farming in the Canton Schwyz is an important part of agricultural production, contributes to shaping the landscape and offers identification and identity. Summer tourism has gained importance in the Canton Schwyz over the last 20 years. There is increasing interaction between alpine farming and tourism. In a first phase, AWUT SZ is to record the situation, identify any areas of conflict and identify possible joint development potential. From this, behavioural instructions will be elaborated and communicated through appropriate channels to address conflicts.
In a second project phase, cooperation projects between alpine farming and tourism will be developed to impart knowledge about alpine farming and to increase joint value creation.