Age-appropriate design of mobile apps
Foundations and recommendations
At a glance
- Project leader : Prof. Dr. Alireza Darvishy
- Project team : Prof. Dr. Hans-Peter Hutter, Stephan Roth, Hans-Rudolf Schelling, Alexander Seifert
- Project budget : CHF 100'000
- Project status : completed
- Funding partner : Third party (Credit Suisse AG)
- Project partner : Universität Zürich (Zentrum für Gerontologie)
- Contact person : Alireza Darvishy
The aim of this project was the development of a brochure, with
recommendations on the topic of age-appropriate design of mobile
applications. It is aimed not only at people who commission, design
or develop applications, but also those who are interested in
age-appropriate mobile applications.
The brochure focuses on ten areas for age-appropriate application design. For each area, principles are formulated that are important for the design of applications for this target group. In addition, concrete checklists with recommendations for implementation are offered. The principles are primarily addressed to clients of mobile applications, while specialists from the application development in the checklists find concrete advice on age-appropriate design.