BIOMAT (Integrated Bio-based Materials Value Chains)
At a glance
- Project leader : Prof. Dr. Selçuk Yildirim
- Co-project leader : Prof. Dr. Christian Adlhart, Dr. Lukas Neutsch, Dr. Dominik Refardt, Bettina Röcker
- Project team : Dr. Andrea Baier, Prof. Dr. Urs Baier, Barbara Beck, Lukas Glauser, Prof. Dr. Jürg Grunder, Pascal Herren, Ragini Hüsch, René Itten, Marina Mariotto, Susanna Miescher, Patricia Risch, Nadine Rüegg, Matthias Stucki
- Project budget : CHF 990'000
- Project status : ongoing
- Funding partner : Internal
- Contact person : Selçuk Yildirim
The aim of the project is to develop sustainable bio-based materials to replace the fossil based counterparts. On the one hand, biomaterials will be produced from side-stream products of agro-food industry. On the other hand, green technologies such as cultivation of microalgae will be used to produce biomaterials. Additionally, processes will be developed to convert such biomaterials into valuable products with defined applications.
ACS Applied Polymer Materials.
3(9), pp. 4685-4694.
Available from: https://doi.org/10.1021/acsapm.1c00799
Journal of Cleaner Production.
Available from: https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jclepro.2021.129238