Artificial snow at Minschuns - Environmental impact report (UVB)
At a glance
- Project leader : Prof. Dr. Reto Rupf
- Co-project leader : Dr. Kirsten Edelkraut
- Project team : Prof. Dr. Roland Felix Graf, Jonathan Pachlatko, Matthias Riesen, Jürg Schlegel, Dr. Claudio Signer
- Project status : completed
- Funding partner : Other
- Project partner : AF Toscano AG (Zürich)
- Contact person : Jonathan Pachlatko
The Minschuns ski area can be reached via an access road from
the Ofenpass road. This access road is often difficult to use in
winter and the valley descent to Tschierv is not always guaranteed
due to snow conditions.
With a new chair lift, the ski area is now to be accessed from the valley floor and the descent back to Tschierv is to be secured by snow-making.
In the UVB, the ecological effects of the project will be investigated and presented in reports drawn up in accordance with the guidelines of the Federal Office for the Environment and the Canton of Grisons. Specifically, we are working on the sub-areas of flora including forest, fauna and hunting, soil, landscape, agriculture and alpine farming, surface and groundwater as well as recreational use. Replacement and compensation measures are proposed on the basis of the current situation.