Wind energy potential in close proximity to the rail network of the Rhaetian Railway RhB
At a glance
- Project leader : Martin Geilhausen
- Project team : Martin Koch, Dr. Patrick Laube, Prof. Jürg Rohrer
- Project budget : CHF 12'960
- Project status : completed
- Funding partner : Third party (Rhätische Bahn AG (RhB))
- Project partner : Agile Wind Power AG, Rhätische Bahn AG (RhB)
- Contact person : Jürg Rohrer
This applied research project aims to identify and prioritise suitable areas for wind energy production in close proximity to the railway network of the Rhaetian Railway AG. The study refers to the vertical wind turbine A32 of the Vertical Sky series (Agile Windpower AG).
Wind conditions, topographical restrictions and an extensive list of criteria recommended by the Swiss Government and national authority of Grisons are analysed to identify and to rank suitable areas. Areas of high priority are then aggregated into distinct zones which are re-evaluated and prioritized.