Flight operations with drones up to 30kg
Development of safe flight operations in visual line of sight (VLOS)
At a glance
- Project leader : Dr. Peter Marcus Lenhart
- Project team : Sandro Huber, Raphael Hutter
- Project budget : CHF 198'457
- Project status : completed
- Funding partner : Federal government (Bundesamt für Zivilluftfahrt BAZL)
- Project partner : Bundesamt für Zivilluftfahrt BAZL
- Contact person : Peter Marcus Lenhart
Research project for the development of procedures for safe flight operations with civil drones up to 30 kg take-off weight. Based on the FOCA Guidance for an Authorisation for Low Level Operation of RPAS (GALLO), established general aviation flight operation procedures are adapted to the operation of drones. The procedures are validated in flight tests with a multicopter and an aeroplane drone.
Intelligent and Autonomus Technologies in Aeronautics - Software Engineering and Unmanned Aerial Systems, The International Council of the Aeronautical Sciences (ICAS) Workshop, Winterthur, 10-14 September 2017.