Delete search term


Quick navigation

Main navigation

Semester abroad

A semester abroad broadens your professional horizons, can be combined with language lessons, enriches your experience and brings you international contacts.

On completion of at least three semesters in your bachelor programme or two semesters in your master programme, students at the School of Health Sciences can apply for a semester abroad. Due to the universities having very different curricula, recognition of achievements from abroad is only possible to a limited extent. It may therefore be the case for some students that the semester(s) abroad extends their total study duration at ZHAW.

Partner universities (only in Europe)

Within the framework of the SEMP programme (Swiss European Mobility Program), each school maintains contracts with numerous partner universities within Europe. The International Relations support the students in the organisation and planning of a semester abroad at a partner university. A grant through the Swiss European Mobility Programme is possible if the stay...

SEMP funding includes:

Application deadlines for a semester will be communicated during information events in each study program (deadlines: generally April for autumn semester and September for spring semester).

Other universities

Students can also do a semester abroad or a year abroad at a non-partner university. In this case, students have to become active themselves and source information on access requirements and financing options. The International Relations Coordinators will be happy to help you put individual plans into more concrete terms during a consultation.