CAS Global Mobility Management
The economy of the 21st century is global. Cross-border employment relationships meanwhile come in various forms (posting, staff leasing, weekly resident, commuter, external consultant, or working from home).
For the strategic planning and operational implementation of global personnel assignments, companies need global mobility managers equipped with the necessary expertise.
Until recently, there were no programs to provide specific, comprehensive training in the field of global mobility management. This program closes this gap. Its foundation module includes all relevant information concerning labor, migration, social security, and tax issues. In its advanced module, participants learn about the development of (global) posting policies including the design of posting guidelines, as well as the best possible design, justification, and execution of international employment relationships.
Due to its interdisciplinary nature, the use of instructional case studies, and the employment of practitioners as instructors, the CAS in Global Mobility Management has great practical applicability.
At a glance
Qualification: Certificate of Advanced Studies ZFH in Global Mobility Management (12 ECTS)
Duration: 120 lessons
Costs: CHF 7'900.00
Comment on costs:
Tuition fee: To be paid in full at the start of the program or in increments. Fee for individual module: CHF 3,950.
Campus of the ZHAW School of Management and Law, Winterthur.
Language of instruction: English
All teaching materials are in English.
Additional Information: For further details, please contact the Director of Studies Mr. RA (D) Dr. iur. Lothar Jansen.
Objectives and content
- Global mobility managers in medium to large companies in Switzerland
- Level consultant, senior consultant, assistant manager, manager, at Big 4 consulting firm
- Fiduciaries, fiduciary experts with an international focus, such as payroll accounting etc. for cross-border cases
- HR professionals
- Payroll specialists wanting to know more about global mobility
- Employees of payroll providers who wish to expand into the international field
- Personnel managers in SMEs who, due to the broad scope of their responsibilities, must be able to assess international issues
It provides a wide range of specialist knowledge in the areas of labor and immigration law, freedom of movement, corporate law, as well as international social security and tax law. Provides tools for the strategic and operative planning, implementation, and processing of international employment relationships, comparisons of tax scenarios, as well as organizational abilities.
The unofficial language of global mobility and expat management is English. The CAS in Global Mobility Management is the first continuing education program in Switzerland in the field of global mobility management taught in English.
The CAS is characterized by methodological diversity. In addition to lecture, discussion and literature studies, individual practical cases and a comprehensive case study from practice serve the transfer of knowledge and the teaching of practical application skills.
Lectures / classroom lessons: Usually on Friday, 8.45am-12.20pm and 1.15 to 4.50pm; and on Saturday, 8.45am-12.20pm (exceptions possible).
Enquiries and contact
Head of Program:
Lothar Jansen, Dr. iur.
Phone +41 58 934 68 10
Administration Customer Service - Continuing Education:
Phone +41 58 934 78 56
- Dr. iur. Lothar Jansen
- Dr. iur. Sara Licci
- Michelle Birri, Tax Advisor, LL.M. International Taxation
- Dagmar Richardson, MSc in Human Resources Management
- Carole Sorg, lic. iur., Attorney at Law
- Adrian Tuescher, lic. iur., Attorney at Law
- Patrick Allemann, lic. iur., Attorney at Law
- Stephen Turley, lic. iur.
- Martin Gerber, University of Zurich, lic. phil. (Master degree)
- Rebecca Heid, EA, MBA
- Derk Nijhof, Swiss Certified Tax Expert
Offered in cooperation with
- Diploma from a recognized university of applied sciences or a predecessor school such as ZHW, HWV, HTL; or diploma from a recognized university or polytechnic (diploma, licentiate, Bachelor's or Master's degrees); at least three years of professional experience at time of application.
- Alternative: An equivalent qualification and at least five years of professional experience; at least two years of professional experience in a global mobility-related field.
Applicants who do not have any of the aforementioned qualifications, but have sufficient professional experience in global mobility management as well as additional qualifications, may be admitted on merit.
Information for applicants
Applications are considered in the order in which they are received.
|Start||Application deadline||Registration link|