Decisions, Assessment, Risk and Evidence in Social Work (DARE)
The 8th Biennial International Symposium «DARE conference» will be held at the Zurich University of Applied Sciences (ZHAW), Campus Toni-Areal, from Thursday 20th June to Friday 21st June 2024.
After its successful run at Ulster University, Northern Ireland, for many years, we are excited to announce that the 2024 DARE conference now has a new location and will be held for the very first time in Zurich, Switzerland, at Zurich University of Applied Sciences (ZHAW).
- Abstract submission deadline: February 2, 2024
- Notification of acceptance: March 8, 2024
- Registration opens: March 8, 2024
- Early bird registration closes: April 12, 2024
- Conference: June 20 and 21, 2024
This biennial DARE conference series brings together researchers, managers, educators, policy makers, regulators and experienced practitioners to share developments on the related topics of:
- Professional judgement including cognitive judgement models, use of knowledge, bias and noise, judgements under uncertainty and ignorance, sense-making, reflective practice.
- Assessment tools and processes, including screening, analysis and problem-solving; assessing needs, strengths and risks; statistical and intuitive approaches to predicting harm.
- Decision processes with clients, families, communities, professionals, and organisations.
- Risk assessment, communication, and management, including legal aspects and risk taking.
- Evidence creation, synthesis, and dissemination; the use of knowledge to inform policy, practice, teaching, management and regulation in social work.
- Ethical, emotional, technological and contextual aspects of decision making, assessment, risk and evidence.
This biennial DARE conference series brings together academics, practitioners, and policy makers to share developments on the related topics of decision, assessment, risk and evidence in social work. It is intended that the conference will provide an opportunity to strengthen networks and launch new research and development of initiatives in social work. DARE aims to support the development of professional knowledge and skills for the benefit of clients, families and societies.
All plenary speakers will be announced by the beginning of December.
We invite researchers, scholars, practitioners, and students to submit abstracts for DARE 2024. Abstract submission deadline is 2 February 2024.
Registration opens: March 8, 2024
(until April 12, 2024)
|Participant from high-income countries||265 CHF (ca. 280 EUR*)||335 CHF (ca. 353 EUR*)|
|PhD students/students from high-income countries||165 CHF (ca. 175 EUR*)||210 CHF (ca. 221 EUR*)|
|Participants and PhD students/students from non-high-income countries**||145 CHF (ca. 153 EUR*)||175 CHF (ca. 185 EUR*)|
* Based on exchange rate on October 26, 2023. Check the current exchange rate.
If you have questions, contact us any time.