CAS Intellectual Property ParalegalInformation events
At a glance
Certificate of Advanced Studies ZHAW in Intellectual Property Paralegal (12 ECTS)
Comment on costs:
The price includes all course materials and examination fees (excluding re-examination fee).
- ZHAW School of Management and Law / Campus St.-Georgen-Platz, 8401 Winterthur
- The course is offered hybrid (Webex).
Language of instruction:
- Course materials are in English. Answers to exam questions may also be given in German.
Objectives and content
The program is aimed at employees in legal, patent, and trademark departments of companies, organizations, and institutions as well as at employees of law firms, patent law firms, and public administrations.
- know the importance of IP and the national and international fundamentals of intellectual property law;
- are able to deal independently with the essential procedures in trademark, design, and patent law for the acquisition and maintenance of intellectual property rights;
- learn to use the standard IP tools needed for research and registration purposes;
- know how IP rights are filed, secured, and defended internationally (US, CN, EU, etc.); and
- can calculate national and international procedural costs and prepare offers.
The CAS program consists of the following modules:
- Fundamentals of IP Management
- Practical Aspects of IP Management
Diploma Award Ceremony
The ceremonial presentation of the diplomas takes place at the annual Paralegal Forum, to which you are cordially invited.
The program is characterized by methodological diversity, presentations,, interactive teaching and learning, and case studies.
In addition to lectures, discussions, and self-study, the program includes an excursion.
More details about the implementation
Lectures/classes are held on Friday and Saturday.
Enquiries and contact
Center for Enterprise Law
Dr. Stefanie Apeldoorn, European Patent Attorney at Rheinmetall Air Defence AG
Anita Auten, IP Paralegal
Dr. Oliviana Calin-Eller, Patent Attorney at E. Blum & Co. AG
Kate Coffey, Head of Intellectual Property at JC New Retail
Dr. Rolf Dittmann, Patent Attorney, Partner at FREIGUTPARTNERS IP Law Firm
Dr. Christian Ebner, Patent Attorney at Rentsch Partner AG
Patrik Föllmi, Senior IP Paralegal, team leader of the patent, trademark, and design professionals at Rentsch Partner AG
Manuela Gisler, Senior IP Paralegal at Hitachi Energy Ltd, Intellectual Property
Stephanie Hess, Senior IP Paralegal, patent, trademark, and design professional at Rentsch Partner AG
Kamran Houshang Pour, Senior IP-Trainer at Swiss Federal Institute of Intellectual Property
Matthias Käch, Senior IP-Trainer at Swiss Federal Institute of Intellectual Property
Dr. Alfred Köpf, Patent Attorney, Partner at Rentsch Partner AG
Joachim Künsch, Patent Attorney at IPrime Künsch Patentanwälte GmbH
Claudia Pohl, IP Paralegal at Patentanwälte Schaad Balass Menzl & Partner AG
Christoph Prill, Head of Administration at IPrime Rentsch Kaelin AG
Dr. Antje Rey, Partner at E. Blum & Co. AG
Sebastian Saissi, Attorney, Partner at FREIGUTPARTNERS IP Law Firm
Susanne Schindler, IP Paralegal at Partner AG
Matthias Schönwald, IP Paralegal at Rentsch Partner AG
Dr. Stefan J. Schröter, Attorney at MLL Meyerlustenberger Lachenal Froriep AG
Dr. Marc Schwenninger, Attorney at SCHWENNINGER INGLIN Rechtsanwälte
Estelle Seiler, Legal Counsel at Decathlon Sports Switzerland SA
Ramin Shafai, Head of Program CAS IP Paralegal, Zurich Universities of Applied Sciences and Arts (ZHAW); Partner at E. Blum & Co. AG
Nicole Stäheli, IP Paralegal at On AG
David Stärkle, Lecturer at Zurich Universities of Applied Sciences and Arts (ZHAW); Attorney at Swiss Federal Institute of Intellectual Property
Dr. Birgit Weil, Head of Program CAS IP Paralegal, Zurich Universities of Applied Sciences and Arts (ZHAW); Partner at WEIL Legal
Dr. Michael Widmer, Head of the Data Protection and IT Law Department, Zurich Universities of Applied Sciences and Arts (ZHAW)
Offered in cooperation with
- University degree or diploma from a professional college (professional education institution)
- At least three years’ professional experience
Professionals without a university degree may be admitted if they have at least five years of professional experience in a legal and/or IP working environment. Admission is decided by the head of the program based on the documents submitted by applicants.
Information for applicants
Applications will be considered in the order in which they are received.
|Start||Application deadline||Registration link|