Cocoa in Numbers - from data to knowledge
Auf einen Blick
- Projektleiter/in : Dr. Irene Chetschik
- Co-Projektleiter/in : Karin Chatelain, Prof. Dr. Susanne Miescher Schwenninger, Monika Schneider, Monika Schneider , Matthias Stucki, Sonja Trachsel, Dr. Robert Vorburger, Sylvia Wick
- Stellv. Projektleiter/in : Prof. Dr. Tilo Hühn
- Projektteam : Amandine André, Susette Freimüller Leischtfeld, Regula Keller, Markus Kneubühl, Katrin Kremer-Hartmann, Stefanie Streule, Lisa Ullrich, Erich Zbinden
- Projektvolumen : CHF 370'000
- Projektstatus : laufend
- Drittmittelgeber : Interne Förderung
- Projektpartner : Forschungsinstitut für biologischen Landbau FiBL
- Kontaktperson : Irene Chetschik
Nowadays consumers of cocoa and chocolate products are not only
interested in safe high-quality products but also in products which
are sustainable and produced under fair ecological and social
conditions. The demand for transparency of information on the
condition of cultivation, production and trade as well as on food
safety and quality aspects is growing for both the consumers and
the people involved along the cocoa value chain.
For this reason, the goal of this interdisciplinary project is to generate a database, combining information along the cocoa value chain from the angles of different research disciplines such as agronomy, food microbiology/food biotechnology, food sensory, food quality, life cycle assessment and socio-economic impact. The set up of the data base will be done based on a selected model experiment under defined agricultural condition, allowing insights into aspects of the before mentioned research dimensions. By the establishment of this independent database we envision to promote transparency, quality, safety and sustainability along the cocoa value chain as well as the biodiversity and fair cocoa farming.
Tropentag 2020 : food and nutrition security and its resilience to global crises, online, 9-11 September 2020.
Verfügbar unter : https://doi.org/10.21256/zhaw-20477