3. Digital Health Lab Day
We are looking forward to sharing and exchanging experiences with you and other health professionals, developers, managers, practitioners and researchers at the 3rd Digital Health Lab Day on Thursday 16 September 2021. Please save the date – an invitation will follow in June including the options available for registration.
The theme of the 3rd Digital Health Lab Day of ZHAW is: «Implementing Digital Health Innovations». If the situation with regards to the Corona pandemic permits, the event will take place at ZHAW School of Health Professions in Winterthur. The keynote presentations and start-up-pitches will be broadcast online. We are constantly monitoring the situation around the corona pandemic and will inform via this website if there would be any changes in the event format or program.
Facts & Figures
- Date: Thursday 16 September 2021, 9.00 am – 4.50 pm, followed by an aperitif.
- Venue: ZHAW-Departement Gesundheit, Katharina-Sulzer-Platz 9, 8400 Winterthur. The keynote presentations and start-up-pitches will be broadcast online.
- Cost: Full price CHF 150.- // Staff ZHAW CHF 50.- // Students BSc, MSc und MAS CHF 25.- // Online participation free.
- Registration deadline: 31. August 2021. Limited workshop places. First come, first served.
- Language: Keynotes, start-up-pitches and some workshops: English // other program items: German
Digitization in the health care system is a great opportunity for a high-quality and cost-efficient health care system. How important digitisation really is, becomes clear in view of the coronavirus pandemic. Digital networking in the healthcare sector, contactless consultation and treatment options, artificial intelligence for medical analyses – Digital Health offers solutions that are now more in demand than ever. Make new contacts and help us shape the future of our healthcare system!
The theme of the 3rd Digital Health Lab Days of ZHAW is: «Implementing Digital Health Innovations». Digital solutions, their development and practical application in the healthcare sector will be presented and discussed in keynote presentations, workshops, start-up-pitches, and other formats. The focus is on contactless consultation and treatment options, crosslinking, and artificial intelligence in medical analysis, thereby demonstrating that digitalisation offers a major opportunity for a high quality and cost-efficient healthcare system.
- 9.00: Welcome Prof. Dr. Jean-Marc Piveteau, Rector ZHAW Prof. Dr. Andreas Gerber-Grote, Dean of the School of Health Professions
- 9.10: Presentations and Keynotes Prof. Dr. Sven Hirsch, Prof. Dr. med. Michael Krauthammer and Prof. Dr. Alfred Angerer
- 10.15: Break
- 10.45: Workshops
- 12.00: Lunch break and start-up-pitches (start at 12.45)
- 13.45: Workshops
- 15.00: Break
- 15.45: Keynote Prof. Katarzyna Wac
- 16.15: Award best poster and best start-up-pitches, Wrap-up
- 16.50: Networking Apéro
Language: Keynote presentations and some workshops: English, other program items: German
The detailed program including speaker information and abstracts can be found here:
The event will take place at ZHAW School of Health Professions in Winterthur (Katharina-Sulzer-Platz 9). The keynote presentations and start-up-pitches will be broadcast online. Please register here for your preferred form of participation.
Cost: Full price CHF 150.- // Staff ZHAW CHF 50.- // Students BSc, MSc und MAS CHF 25.- // Online participation free.
The program committee invites researchers and students to submit posters illustrating the research methods and research results of digital health solution projects to be exhibited at the Digital Health Lab Day on the new campus of the ZHAW Health Department. The poster exhibition is an opportunity to explore research ideas with other participants and to generate new inspiration for joint projects. The posters may include the following:
- Description of an innovative research idea
- Assessment of a practical, problem-solving method
- Information on a research project
- New case studies or archiving projects
The best student and non-student poster entry will be awarded the Best Student Poster Award or Best Poster Award, which will take the form of a certificate and cash prize of 250 Swiss francs.
We have discussed the latest trends and solutions in the field of digital health with researchers and practitioners on the 2nd Digital Health Lab Day. The multifaceted topic of digital citizen-based medicine was explored in depth in exciting keynote speeches, numerous interactive workshops, a pitch session for digital health startups and a poster session.
The ZHAW Digital Health Lab is an association of digital health experts from the fields of biomedicine, health, technology and business. Its aim is to be a leading Swiss and internationally recognised centre of excellence in the field of digital health. In order to facilitate research, innovation and technology transfer, we develop solutions for the creation of innovations, act as a liaison platform and rely on interdisciplinary cooperation with service providers, industry, health insurance companies, politics and other research partners.
You can read more about our activities here: zhaw.ch/digitalhealth
Do you have any questions about the conference?
Please contact the organizing committee: email@example.com
The 3rd Digital Health Lab Day is supported both financially and ideologically by our partners and sponsors. We would especially like to thank them for their commitment and kind support!