Development of active labels to remove the residual oxygen in the package after a modified atmosphere packaging process to preserve the quality of food, ensure its safety and prolong the shelf life.
Auf einen Blick
- Projektleiter/in : Prof. Dr. Selçuk Yildirim
- Co-Projektleiter/in : Nadine Rüegg
- Projektteam : Dr. Thomas Fickenscher, Dr. Andreas Grabuschnigg, Dr. Wolfgang Lohwasser, Susanna Miescher, Bettina Röcker, Dr. Udo Schulz, Dr. Oliver Vetter
- Projektvolumen : CHF 1'019'647
- Projektstatus : abgeschlossen
- Drittmittelgeber : KTI (14665.1 PFLS-LS)
- Projektpartner : Amcor Flexibles Kreuzlingen AG, Etimark AG
- Kontaktperson : Selçuk Yildirim
The aim of this project is to develop active labels to be placed in the packaging to remove the residual oxygen after modified atmosphere packaging. The label will be developed for oxygen sensitive foods to preserve their quality, ensure their safety and prolong their shelf life. The oxygen scavenging active label will be based on palladium catalysis. The coating process of palladium and a carrier film will be optimized to enhance the oxygen scavenging activity. A complete label containing the palladium coated film will be developed for different kind of foods and beverages.
1st International Food Engineering Congress, Antalya, Turkey, 7-9 November 2019.