Delete search term


Quick navigation

Main navigation

International Affairs

Internationalisation is one of the five parts of the Swiss Universities of Applied Sciences legal mandate (teaching / research + development / services / continuing education / international relations).

The School of Architecture, Design and Civil Engineering maintains international contacts at several levels and through various channels, and cultivates close contacts with selected partner institutions.

Within the framework of bilateral agreements with selected partner universities in Spain, Portugal, England, Germany, Slovenia and India, the Architecture degree programme supports student participation (also as free movers at a university of their choice) in exchange programmes and cultivates these contacts at staff level too.
The seminar weeks, which take place regularly in the form of study trips to European capitals, are another important part of the training and curricula.

Regular workshops with other universities provide opportunities for international cooperation.

Several projects have been realized within the framework of long-standing cooperation with Orlová, an industrial city in Moravian Ostrava (Czech Republic).

Partner universities

Country University
Belgium Universiteit Antwerpen
Belgium KU Leuven, Gent / Brüssel
Germany Universität der Künste Berlin
England Kingston University, London
Portugal Universidade do Minho, Guimaraes
Slovenia University of Ljubljana
Spain UPC ETSAB, Barcelona
Spain UPV ETSA, Valencia
India CEPT University, Ahmedabad


Students who participate in the Erasmus exchange programme must arrange a personal discussion with the Head of International Relations at the School of Architecture, Design and Civil Engineering in Winterthur at least one week before the beginning of the semester.


In this discussion, the student must present the following documents:

For further information please refer to the German page.