PhageFire – An effective and environmentally friendly solution to control fire blight disease caused by Erwinia amylovora in pome fruit crops
Auf einen Blick
- Projektleiter/in : Sixto Cabezón Largas, Prof. Dr. Lars Fieseler, Dr. Tamas Kovacs, Elena Latrado Camello
- Projektteam : Sandrine Kammerecker, Marjan Veljkovic
- Projektstatus : laufend
- Drittmittelgeber : EU und andere Internationale Programme (Horizon 2020 / Projekt Nr. 958645)
- Projektpartner : Peras de Rincón de Soto, Kimitec Biogroup SL, Enviroinvest Zrt.
- Kontaktperson : Lars Fieseler
The PhageFire project is devised to satisfy the unmet need for a
secure and reliable solution to control fire blight (FB) disease in
pome fruits caused by the bacterium Erwinia amylovora (Ea). The
Spanish pome fruit producer, Peras de Rincón de Soto has partnered
with Enviroinvest (Hungary) consultancy company expert in
production, authorization and
commercialization of phage-based pesticides, ZHAW (Switzerland) – a top research centre in phage therapy and Kimitec Group specialist in the design, development and commercialization of natural solutions for the plant protection sector.
Together, PhageFire Consortium members aim to further develop an integrated phage-based solution enabling pome fruit farmers to effectively control Ea infections, reducing both production and economic losses. In addition, this will also result on reduced reliance on harmful chemicals (mainly copper-based products) and antibiotics.