Tele-Assessment: Leveraging Deep Learning to Assess Upper Limb Kinematics after Stroke with Off-the-shelf Webcams
At a glance
- Project leader : Andreas Luft, Martina Spiess
- Deputy of project leader : Verena Klamroth-Marganska
- Project team : Elena Gavagnin, Benjamin Kühnis, Lena Sauerzopf, Josef Schönhammer, Tim Unger, Alexandre de Spindler
- Project status : ongoing
- Funding partner : Public sector (excl. federal government) (Kanton Zürich / Digitalisierungsinitiative DIZH (Innovationsprogramm))
- Project partner : Universitätsspital Zürich
- Contact person : Martina Spiess
We are developing and validating a camera-based compensation classifier ("3C") for tele-neurorehabilitation to distinguish normal arm movements from those with compensation. The algorithm can be used with a webcam alone or in combination with an inertial measurement unit (IMU). This method improves tele-rehabilitation and increases the recovery process of clients.
26th European Network of Occupational Therapy in Higher Education Annual Meeting (ENOTHE), Tbilisi, Georgia,14-16 October 2022.
19th International Medical Ph.D. Conference, Hradec Králové, Czech Republic, 24-25 November 2022.