MINT Agenda (Swiss Academy for Engineering Sciences)
At a glance
- Project leader : Dr. Christian Rapp
- Project team : Jennifer Erlemann, Jakob Ott
- Project budget : CHF 50'000
- Project status : completed
- Funding partner : Foundation (Schweizerische Akademie der Technischen Wissenschaften SATW)
- Contact person : Christian Rapp
A major concern in education in Switzerland (and most European
countries) is the promotion of MINT-subjects (Mathematics,
Informatics, Science and Technique). MINT-Agenda
(http://www.satw.ch/educamint/), a platform and exchange place for
educational resources provides school teachers in Switzerland an
opportunity to find MINT educational resources suiting their
MINT-agenda Switzerland is part of the national education portal www.educa.ch.
We supported MINT Agenda Switzerland in the conceptual phase but also by providing tech-nical advice and programming. One of the challenges was the subdivision of the educational resources in different languages (LOM-data tree) and the development of an ICT-assisted peer-review workflow to assess the handed-in MINT-offers. During implementation we used the following web technologies: Zend, ORM and Ajax.