Social Power Plus
At a glance
- Project leader : Dr. Francesca Cellina
- Co-project leader : Prof. Vicente Carabias-Hütter
- Project team : Roberta Castri, Vanessa DeLuca, Pasquale Granato, Silvana Jud, Pascal Kienast, Evelyn Lobsiger-Kägi, Leticia Müller, Devon Wemyss
- Project budget : CHF 278'000
- Project status : ongoing
- Funding partner : Federal government (Bundesamt für Energie BFE)
- Project partner : Stadtwerk Winterthur
- Contact person : Vicente Carabias-Hütter
Individual and collective action is an important driver of energy consumption in households. In Social Power Plus we aim at directly engaging teams of neighbouring households to raise their awareness and promote active energy sufficiency measures (electricity and heating). To support this process, we launch living lab activities aimed at co-creating and field-testing a mobile app exploiting digital energy feedback, gamification and social norms.
Cellina, Francesca; Carabias-Hütter, Vicente; Castri, Roberta; De Luca, Vanessa; Granato, Pasquale; Kienast, Pascal; Lobsiger-Kägi, Evelyn; Wemyss, Devon,
Social power plus : empowering households to energy sufficiency through co-designed app‑based community energy challenges [paper].
Conference Proceedings : BEHAVE 2020-2021.
6th European Conference on Behaviour Change for Energy Efficiency (BEHAVE 2020-2021), online, 21 - 23 April 2021.
Copenhagen Centre on Energy Efficiency.
Available from: https://doi.org/10.21256/zhaw-23771