LeMiG – Food waste in Swiss green waste
Field study for the survey and quantitative analysis of food waste in Swiss green waste
At a glance
- Project leader : Prof. Dr. Urs Baier, Susanna Hüsch
- Project team : Imre Antalfy, Lena Breitenmoser, Thomas Gross, Yves Moser, Florian Rüsch
- Project budget : CHF 96'000
- Project status : completed
- Funding partner : Federal government (Bundesamt für Umwelt BAFU)
- Project partner : Fachhochschule Nordwestschweiz FHNW / Institut für Ecopreneurship
- Contact person : Susanna Hüsch
The composition of separately collected green waste from Swiss households was determined by means of a survey campaign of green waste collections upon delivery to green waste recycling plants. The survey campaign took into account the urban, peri-urban and rural community typologies according to spatial classification. The analysis of the composition was based on the categories of Swiss municipal solid waste analyses used to date, especially the biogenic waste fraction with its sub-fractions garden waste, meat/fish (still edible), other foodstuffs (still edible) and kitchen waste. In addition, the content of plastics and other foreign matter has been recorded.
Hüsch, Susanna; Baier, Urs; Breitenmoser, Lena; Gross, Thomas; Rüsch, Florian,
Lebensmittelabfälle in Schweizer Grüngut.
Bundesamt für Umwelt BAFU.
Available from: https://www.bafu.admin.ch/dam/bafu/de/dokumente/abfall/externe-studien-berichte/Food_Waste_in_den_Haushalten_-def_D.pdf