Knee osteoarthritis (KOA) in Switzerland
Current strategies in conservative management and further promotion and improvement taking account of international guidelines
At a glance
- Project leader : Prof. Dr. Karin Niedermann Schneider
- Deputy of project leader : Prof. Dr. Astrid Schämann
- Project team : Lea Ettlin, Prof. Dr. Erika Huber, Prof. Dr. Simon Wieser, Prof. Dr. Markus Wirz
- Project budget : CHF 240'000
- Project status : completed
- Funding partner : Federal government (Projektgebundene Beiträge / Swiss Learning Health System)
- Project partner : Universität Luzern
- Contact person : Lea Ettlin
This project is embedded in the work collaboration between the
ZHAW and Swiss Learning Health System (SLHS). The purpose of the
SLHS is to close the gap between evidence from research and
clinical practice in the Swiss health system and to foster the
dialogue between stakeholders. This specific project focuses on the
conservative non-pharmacological management of patients with knee
OA, and to consider identified barriers and facilitator for the
implementation of the international clinical guidelines. The aim of
the project is to develop an evidence based implementation strategy
and guidance for the promotion of conservative knee OA management.
The project follows a cycling process according to the SLHS with
problem identification, prioritization, evidence synthesis,
implementation and evaluation.
Frontiers in Health Services.
Available from: https://doi.org/10.3389/frhs.2021.760814
Delegiertenversammlung Rheumaliga Schweiz, online, 21. Mai 2021.
Annals of the Rheumatic Diseases.
Annual European Congress of Rheumatology EULAR 2021, virtual, 2-5 June 2021.
BMJ Publishing Group.
Available from: https://doi.org/10.1136/annrheumdis-2021-eular.3453
Ettlin, Lea; Niedermann Schneider, Karin,
SLSH Policy Brief
Swiss Learning Health System.
Available from: https://doi.org/10.21256/zhaw-24473