Calcium carbonate based active packaging
Development of active packaging system based on ground or modified calcium carbonate
At a glance
- Project leader : Prof. Dr. Selçuk Yildirim
- Co-project leader : Bettina Röcker, Nadine Rüegg
- Project team : Barbara Beck, Annica Faller, Susanna Miescher
- Project budget : CHF 1'257'105
- Project status : completed
- Funding partner : CTI (KTI-Projekt / Projekt Nr. 25176.1 PFLS-LS)
- Project partner : Omya International AG, Micarna SA
- Contact person : Selçuk Yildirim
The aim of this project is to develop antimicrobial and oxygen scavenging materials for food packaging applications. Both antimicrobial and oxygen scavenging functions will be developed using ground or modified calcium carbonate which has a very high potential to incorporate active ingredients into packaging and to control the release of such active components.
Packaging Technology and Science.
22nd IAPRI World Packaging Online Conference, Monterrey, Mexico, 16-19 June 2020.
Available from: https://doi.org/10.1002/pts.2508