National survey among Bachelor students in health professions
A prospective study for the transition from university into working life
At a glance
- Project leader : Dr. Thomas Bucher
- Project team : Prof. Dr. Iren Bischofberger, Godela Dönnges, Blaise Guinchard, Andrea Mahlstein, Luca Scascighini, Prof. Dr. Heidi Zeller
- Project status : completed
- Funding partner : Federal government (Projektgebundene Beiträge)
- Contact person : Thomas Bucher
What do health professionals do after their graduation? Three cohorts of bachelor graduates across all universities of applied sciences in Switzerland are surveyed during the last semester of their courses and one year after graduation.
This project is part of a cooperation between the Swiss Health Universities to establish a competence centre for workforce shortage among health professionals. Different sub-projects will develop basic knowledge and measures.
The main objectives of this site project are the improvement of the data on Swiss health personnel as well as the development of various measures to increase Swiss health personnel retention.
Crawford, Rebecca J.; Volken, Thomas; Schaffert, René; Bucher, Thomas,
Higher low back and neck pain in final year Swiss health professions’ students : worrying susceptibilities identified in a multi-centre comparison to the national population.
BMC Public Health.
Available from: https://doi.org/10.1186/s12889-018-6105-2