Spatio-temporal databases (st-DB)
Efficient Management and Analysis of large volumes of geodata in ecological monitoring
At a glance
- Project leader : Dr. Patrick Laube
- Project team : Martin Geilhausen, Pascal Ochsner, Hanno Rahn
- Project budget : CHF 48'000
- Project status : completed
- Funding partner : Internal
- Contact person : Patrick Laube
The overarching goal of this project is the build-up of expertise in designing and maintaining spatio-temporal databases in the context of data-driven ecological monitoring (software, hardware).
The specific goals of the study are
- Case studies. Design and implementation of spatio-temporal databases in the context of ongoing geodata-driven research projects.
- Development of efficient and effective interfaces linking conventional GIS frontends with the latest database technology.
- Development and implementation of analysis pipelines within the spatial database.
- Evaluation of the potential of providing spatio-temporal databases as a service.
The project achieved the following results
- Development of an error propagation approach for multi-temporal UAV-based remotely sensed geodata (raster data).
- Development of a bi-temporal database concept for the management and analysis of historic geodata (vector data).
- Development of novel integration approaches linking GIS-Software with spatial databases.