Get to know the healthcare system in Europe or overseas with a clinical placement and expand your own horizons.
The five Bachelor programs at the ZHAW School of Health Professions have different provisions regarding placements abroad:
- Occupational Therapy: during the 4th and 5th semesters (clinical placement 2 or 3)
- Health Promotion and Prevention: during the 5th/6th semester (placement)
- Midwifery: during the 5th semester (4th clinical placement) or during 4th year (additional module C)
- Nursing: during 4th year (additional module C)
- Physiotherapy: during 4th year (additional module C)
Within the framework of the SEMP programme (Swiss European Mobility Programme), each school maintains contracts with numerous partner universities within Europe. The School of Health Professions assists students in finding a clinical placement abroad in the city of a partner university or at the university itself (research placements). The SEMP programme also provides students with financial support. Interested students are free to organise a clinical placement independently with a practice organisation abroad (e.g. clinics, etc.). Within Europe, the School of Health Professions can conclude an individual contract with this practice organisation so that students can benefit from the Swiss European Mobility Programme.
A grant through the Swiss European Mobility Programme is possible if:
- the clinical placement takes place in Europe
- the placement lasts for at least two months
- the organisation already has a contract with our school or is prepared to conclude a contract
SEMP funding includes:
- CHF 440 per month financial contribution
- preparation of a final report
For additional information on application deadlines for clinical placements abroad see information events in the individual study courses (generally in April for the autumn semester and September for the spring semester).
Students at the School of Health Professions also have the opportunity to look worldwide at the institution of their choice to do their placement. Such placements are recognised within certain established frameworks. The International Relations Coordinators will help you to find out whether the desired placement is suitable and recognised by your study program. Currently, we have connections for placements in Bolivia, South Africa, Ethiopia, Ghana, India and Taiwan.
For more detailed information and contacts, please contact: email@example.com.