Enabling Scientific Diplomacy: Preparation of the GESDA Neurotechnology Compass
At a glance
- Project leader : Dr. Ricardo Chavarriaga, Daria Robinson
- Co-project leader : Prof. Dr. Karen Rommelfhanger
- Deputy of project leader : Prof. Dr. Thilo Stadelmann
- Project budget : CHF 15'000
- Project status : ongoing
- Funding partner : Foundation (Geneva Science and Diplomacy Anticipator (GESDA))
- Project partner : Geneva Science and Diplomacy Anticipator (GESDA)
- Contact person : Ricardo Chavarriaga
The Geneva Science and Diplomacy Anticipator (GESDA) is developing the “Neurotechnology Compass” (the NeuroTech Compass – NTC).
The NTC aims
A tool aimed at equipping decision-makers with the necessary navigation tools to best support research in neuroscience and neurotechnology and their applications in society. By understanding the impacts and existing mechanisms to govern them, governments are then equipped to put in place the necessary mechanisms to protect individuals from potential misuses. As a first step in its implementation, GESDA is developing a prototype of the compass centered on a specific use case.
The ZHAW Centre for Artificial Intelligence will provide expert advice on the current state-of-the-art in neurotechnologies, their potential impact and existing governance frameworks. This offer comprises the provision of this advice.