Data and Team Sports
At a glance
- Project leader : Dr. Krzysztof Kryszczuk
- Deputy of project leader : Dr. Martin Rerabek
- Project budget : CHF 36'000
- Project status : completed
- Funding partner : Innosuisse (NTN Innovation Booster / Sport & Physical Activity)
- Contact person : Krzysztof Kryszczuk
The project will assess the feasibility of automatic quantification of two very important aspects of a team game: fatigue, and quality of decision making. If successful, we intend to develop the idea further by creating a well-coordinated consortium of academics and companies in Switzerland and create a cutting edge set of tools for sports coaches, federations, and broadcasters as well as event organizers.
The intended impact includes: a. Novel efficient coaching techniques to improve the coaching quality, team performance, as well as wellbeing of players. b. Novel broadcast enrichment for fans at the sport venues and behind the TV screens, which will bring new fans to the sports, and inspire young generation to engage in healthy sportive lifestyle.