Respect for human rights, a brief assessment of the largest German companies
At a glance
- Project leader : Herbert Winistörfer
- Project status : completed
- Funding partner : Internal
- Project partner : Business & Human Rights Resource Centre (Berlin)
- Contact person : Herbert Winistörfer
The study assessed publicly available information of 20 German companies based on core indicators from the «Corporate Human Rights Benchmark» (CHRB) method, applicable across all sectors. The indicators cover three areas: «governance and policy commitments», «embedding respect for human rights and human rights due diligence» and «remedies and grievance mechanisms». The study found that 90% (18/20) of companies assessed failed to fully disclose how they manage their human rights risks sufficiently (due diligence). Just two companies received points on all four indicators looking at human rights due diligence processes.