Mission B - Development of Research Lab on Roof
At a glance
- Project leader : Nathalie Baumann
- Deputy of project leader : Chiara Catalano
- Project team : Moritz Vögeli
- Project budget : CHF 20'000
- Project status : completed
- Funding partner : Other (SRF Schweizer Radio und Fernsehen)
- Contact person : Nathalie Baumann
As part of the "Mission B" project of the Swiss Radio and
Television SRF, an innovative research laboratory is to be
installed on a roof area in Leutschenbach in Zurich, where
different types of substrate (ricoter, wool, vegetable charcoal,
etc.) and vegetation methods are to be studied.
This experimental area will be used to demonstrate how new innovative substrate types made of recycled materials (ricoter, wool, vegetable carbon, etc.) can be used in the context of "restoration ecology" and how "grey" unused areas can be developed into biodiverse green spaces.