Teaching and researching at Swiss universities - barrier-free!
At a glance
- Project leader : Prof. Dr. Alireza Darvishy
- Project status : completed
- Funding partner : Federal government (Projektgebundene Beiträge / P-7 Chancengleichheit und Hochschulentwicklung)
- Project partner : Universität Zürich / Institut für Erziehungswissenschaften, Haute école spécialisée de Suisse occidentale HES-SO
- Contact person : Alireza Darvishy
The aim of this project is to set up a platform for lecturers and researchers with disabilities and chronic diseases as well as decision-makers in higher education. On the one hand, the platform serves the purpose of network building, and on the other, it helps decision-makers at the university to improve the level of accessibility for the target group.
On this platform, the following should be available:
- a guide to implementing accessibility,
- a blog to share experiences in everyday teaching and research,
- short films to raise awareness as well
- an assistance agency available.
- The platform should be available both as a website and as an app.
The intended project contributes to the actual realization of
the equality of persons with disabilities with regard to teaching
and research at the Swiss universities. This will facilitate the
accessibility of people with disabilities to an academic career. In
turn, university teachers and researchers with disabilities can
serve as role models for students with disabilities.